thesaurus & dictionary > Dictionary - Feedbacks > Export favourites and other dreams

Search

Topic closed
User Post
Magnus Lundgren
2 post(s)

Hi,

I use the dictionaries together with MoonReader and I'm very happy with that. My objective is to read books in various languages and to expand my vocabulary. Ideally, I'd like to do the following:

1. Read my book (OK)
2. Launch the dictionary when I find an new word (OK)
3. Add the word to my favourites (OK)
4. Select the definition that matches the sentence I'm reading (New)
5. Export the word to AnkiDroid (or other flashcard app). (New)
6. Include the sentence where the word appeared in the exported information to get the context of the word (New)
7. Provide the pronunciation in AnkiDroid (a requirement more on AnkiDroid than on the dictionary) (New)
8. (Dream) Upload the wordlist of the book to the cloud for others to see. I'd love to practice wordlists of a book before I even start reading it.

OK, maybe that's a bit ambitious, but it goes to show how much more could be done with a digital dictionary.

Thanks,

Magnus

12-Aug-13, 11:57:04 Rispondi | Citazione | Report spam
admin
145 post(s)

Web site
Hi dreamer! Your request is really ambitious and I'm sad to say that it's out of scope.

13-Aug-13, 13:51:00 Rispondi | Citazione | Report spam
Max Degroot
2 post(s)

if i just want to export/extract the list of words ive clicked the star on and made the star that nice golden shiny color, if i for example want to print said list, is there a way to do it? using english-offline

12-Sep-13, 23:47:17 Rispondi | Citazione | Report spam
admin
145 post(s)

Web site
Hi Max!
Today it is not possible to export favorites. I'll implement in the next release of the english dictionary the "share" button in the "favorite screen". It will be possible in release 2.x of the english dictionary to export favorites to dropbox, gmail and other applications using the "share" button.
Stay tuned!

13-Sep-13, 19:27:43 Rispondi | Citazione | Report spam
Max Degroot
2 post(s)

ok, well i manually rewrote all 4750 words i had favorited so problem solved. i appreciate your speedy and informative response. thank you, your works are a great help for the cosmos (free knowledge). keep being awesome, farewell.

14-Sep-13, 2:51:57 Rispondi | Citazione | Report spam
April “SydeTrak” Wilson
1 post(s)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.pack.lang.en_US

16-Sep-17, 10:58:52 Rispondi | Citazione | Report spam