- (British, America) IPA: /ˌbɹɪ.tɪʃ ˈaɪlz/
- (geography) A group of islands off the northwest coast of mainland Europe, including Great Britain, Ireland, the Isle of Wight, the Isles of Scilly, the Isle of Man, the Outer Hebrides, the Inner Hebrides, the Orkney Islands, the Shetland Islands and many other smaller islands. Use may include the Channel Islands, although these are physically closer to mainland Europe.
- French: îles Britanniques
- German: Britische Inseln
- Italian: isole britanniche, arcipelago britannico
- Portuguese: Ilhas Britânicas
- Russian: Брита́нские острова́
- Spanish: Islas Británicas