- IPA: /ˈkænəbɪs/
- A tall annual dioecious plant (Cannabis, especially Cannabis sativa), native to central Asia and having alternate, palmately divided leaves and tough bast fibers.
- Synonyms: hemp, marijuana
- hyponyms en
- A mildly euphoriant or sedating, intoxicating hallucinogenic drug prepared from various parts of this plant.
- Synonyms: bhang, dope, ganja, grass, marijuana, string, THC, weed
- The purified and decarboxylated resin of the cannabis plant used for medicinal purposes rather than for any intoxicating effects.
- French: cannabis
- German: Cannabis, Hanf
- Italian: canapa
- Portuguese: cânabis, pé-de-maconha
- Russian: конопля́
- Spanish: cannabis, cáñamo