- IPA: /ɜː/
- Said when hesitating in speech.
er (ers, present participle erring; past and past participle erred)
- (informal) To utter the word "er" when hesitating in speech, found in the phrase um and er.
- He ummed and erred his way through the presentation.
- Queen Elizabeth
- (sports) Abbreviation of Erie#English|Erie. Erie, Pennsylvania
- (Elizabeth Regina) EIIR (Elizabeth II)
- (baseball) The statistic earned run a run that was scored without the aid of an error by the fielding team that is charged to the pitcher responsible for allowing the runner that scored to reach base.
- (biology) Initialism of endoplasmic reticulum
- (computing) Initialism of entity-relationship
- (medicine) Initialism of emergency room
- (physics) Initialism of Einstein-Rosen bridge#English|Einstein-Rosen bridge.
- (Einstein Rosen) EPR Einstein Podolsky Rosen