- (chiefly, North America) Strips of deep-fried potatoes that have been frenched]] (cut into strips). [from 1903]
- These french fries are soggy.
- French fries are my favorite vegetable dish.
- He eats too many french fries.
- French fries is a specialty of the house.
- chips (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand)
- freedom fries (US, rare, dated)
- French-fried potatoes
- fries (US, Canadian)
- French: frites, pommes frites, pommes allumettes
- German: Pommes frites, Pommes, Fritten
- Italian: patata fritta (colloquial), patate fritte (colloquial), patatine fritte, patatina fritta
- Portuguese: batatas fritas, batatinha frita
- Russian: карто́фель фри
- Spanish: (Spain) patatas fritas, (Mexico) papas fritas, (Nicaragua) papitas fritas
- Alternative letter-case form of french fries