Ionian (not comparable)
- Relating to the Hellenic people of that name.
- Ionic, of Ionia, the ancient (ca 1100 BC) region including western Asia Minor and the adjacent Aegean Islands occupied by the Ionian people.
- (architecture) Ionic
- Relating to Io, one of the moons of the planet Jupiter
- Bagenal, Dowling & McKinnon (2007), Jupiter: The Planet, Satellites and Magnetosphere. Cambridge University Press, p. 313.
- Despite the variations in Ionian vulcanism ...
Ionian (plural Ionians)
- A member of the Ionians, one of the races of Ancient Greece.
- (geology, paleontology) A subdivision of the Pleistocene epoch.