- IPA: /ˈlaibrə/
libra (plural libras or librae)
- (historical, Ancient Rome) A Roman unit of weight equal to about 327 grams.
- Any of various units of weight in Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries approximately equal to 460 grams or a little more than a US or UK pound.
- Alternative spelling of libbra, an Italian unit of weight.
- IPA: /ˈliːbɹə/
- (zodiac constellations) A constellation of the zodiac, supposedly shaped like a set of scales.
- (astrology) The astrological sign for the scales, ruled by Venus and covering September 24 - October 23 (tropical astrology) or October 16 - November 16 (sidereal astrology).
- French: Balance
- German: Waage
- Italian: Bilancia
- Portuguese: Libra, Balança (Portugal)
- Russian: Весы́
- Spanish: Libra
libra (plural libras)
- Someone with a Libra star sign