- (British) IPA: /ˈnjuː ˌkæl.ɪˈdəʊ.ni.ə/, /ˈnjuː ˌkæl.əˈdəʊ.ni.ə/
- (America) IPA: /ˈnu ˌkæl.ɪˈdoʊ.ni.ə/, /ˈnu ˌkæl.əˈdoʊ.ni.ə/
- Overseas territory of France in Oceania. Official name: Territory of New Caledonia and Dependencies.
- (historical) A district of the west coast of British North America traded by the Hudson's Bay Company. It became the colony of British Columbia in 1858.
- (historical) A short-lived (1698–1700) Scottish colony in Panama, around Darien (which was renamed New Edinburgh as its capital)
- French: Nouvelle-Calédonie
- German: Neukaledonien
- Italian: Nuova Caledonia
- Portuguese: Nova Caledónia, Nova Caledônia
- Russian: Но́вая Каледо́ния
- Spanish: Nueva Caledonia