- (America) IPA: En-us-sed.ogg
- (computing) A noninteractive text editor (originally developed in Unix), intended for making systematic edits in an automatic or batch-oriented way.
sed (seds, present participle sedding; past and past participle sedded)
- (neologism, slang) To edit a file or stream of text using sed.
- Can you sed out those trailing spaces, please?
sed (plural seds)
- (fishing) A line fastening a fish-hook.
- Synonyms: snood
- Eye dialect spelling of said#English|said.
- (electronics) Initialism of surface-conduction electron-emitter display
- (astronomy, physics) Initialism of spectral energy distribution
- (pathology) Initialism of selective eating disorder
- (computing) Initialism of self-encrypting drive
- (sociology) Initialism of socio-economic development