SMS (plural SMSes)
- Initialism of Short Message Service. A text message sent on a cell phone.
- (numismatics) Initialism of special mint set
- (psychology) Initialism of short man syndrome
- (military, nautical) SMS — Seiner Majestät Schiff – literally, "His Majesty's Ship" in German
- Safety Management System, a system for identifying and managing risk used in the aviation industry.
- French: SMS, texto
- German: SMS, SMS-Nachricht, Textnachricht
- Portuguese: mensagem de texto, SMS
- Russian: SMS
SMS (SMSes, present participle SMSing; past and past participle SMSed)
- To send a message on a cell phone.
- I SMSed him and asked why he was late.
- I can't talk to her: she is too busy SMSing her friends.
- (video games) Initialism of Sega Master System
- plural form of SM