- IPA: /ˌsæn fɹənˈsɪskoʊ/, /ˌsæn fɹænˈsɪskoʊ/
- A major coastal city in California of over 800,000 widely known for its unique culture, architecture, and LGBT population; formerly Yerba Buena (pre-1847).
- The extinct culture of the city of the same name also known as the Ramaytush.
- Any place or institution named after St. Francis.
- (city) SF, San Fran, Frisco, Baghdad by the Bay, San Fagcisco, The City (Northern CA and Western NV only), Bay City, The City by the Bay, The City That Knows How (dated)
- (native people, native language) Ramaytush
- French: San Francisco
- German: San Francisco, San Franzisko
- Portuguese: São Francisco
- Russian: Сан-Франци́ско
- Spanish: San Francisco