- (RP) IPA: /ˌwɔːtə(ɹ)ˈluː/
- (GA) IPA: /ˌwɔtɚˈluː/, /ˈwɔtɚˌluː/
- (cot-caught) IPA: /ˌwɑtɚˈluː/, /ˈwɑtɚˌluː/
- A village in Walloon Brabant, Belgium; the site of a major military battle in 1815.
- A battle fought at Waterloo, Belgium on June 18, 1815, resulting in the epic, final defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- The name of any of several villages, towns, and cities around the world.
- A regional municipality/and/city in Ontario, Canada.
- A city/county seat in Monroe County, Illinois.
- A city/county seat in Black Hawk County, Iowa.
- A village/and/town/county seat in Seneca County, New York.
- CDP in San Joaquin County, California.
- (battle) Battle of Waterloo
- French: Waterloo
Waterloo (plural Waterloos)
- Often in the term meet one's Waterloo: a notable and decisive defeat#Noun|defeat following an encounter with a powerful opponent or a problem that is too difficult.