accuse (accuses, present participle accusing; past and past participle accused)
- (transitive) to find fault with, blame, censure
- (transitive, law) to charge with having committed a crime or offence
- For the U.S. President to be impeached, he must be accused of a high crime or misdemeanor.
- Synonyms: charge, indict, impeach, arraign
- (intransitive) to make an accusation against someone
- Synonyms: blame, censure, reproach, criminate
- French: accuser
- German: beschuldigen, anklagen
- Italian: accusare
- Portuguese: acusar
- Russian: вини́ть
- Spanish: acusar, denunciar
- (obsolete) Accusation.