- (British) IPA: /ˈæk.wiːˌɛs.əns/
- A silent or passive assent or submission, or a submission with apparent content; - distinguished from avowed consent on the one hand, and on the other, from opposition or open discontent; quiet satisfaction.
- (legal) Inaction, passivity, or neglect to take legal action when it is called for in order to assert, preserve, or safeguard a right, and which inaction implies the abandonment of said right.
- French: acquiescement, consentement
- German: Duldung
- Italian: acquiescenza
- Portuguese: aquiescência
- Russian: молчаливый
- Spanish: aquiescencia, consentimiento