- A person who performs in a theatrical play or film.
- One who acts; a doer.
- One who takes part in a situation.
- (legal) An advocate or proctor in civil courts or causes.
- (legal) One who institutes a suit; plaintiff or complainant.
- (policy debate) One who enacts a certain policy action.
- (software engineering) The entity that performs a role (in use case analysis).
- (linguistics, grammar) The most agent-like argument of a clause, e.g. 'the torpedo' in "The torpedo sank the boat" and "The torpedo fired".
- (person who performs in a theatrical play or film) performer, player
- (one who acts) doer
- (one who takes part) participant
- (advocate in civil courts or cases)
- (a plaintiff) complainant, plaintiff
- (one who enacts a policy action)
- (entity performing a role in use case analysis) role
- (grammatical role) undergoer
- French: acteur, actrice (actress)
- German: Schauspieler, Schauspielerin (actress)
- Italian: attore, attrice (actress)
- Portuguese: ator, atriz (actress)
- Russian: актёр
- Spanish: actor, actriz (actress)
- French: faiseur, faiseuse
- German: Handelnder, Handelnde (der / die Handelnde)
- Italian: attore, attrice
- Portuguese: agente
- Russian: де́ятель
- Italian: attore