addressee (plural addressees)
- The person or organization to which something, such as a letter or message, is addressed or sent, for whom the item is intended.
- Person is a grammatical property which is overtly manifested in so-called Personal Pronouns: forms which include the speaker (I/we) are said to be ‘first personʼ Pronouns; forms which include the addressee (you) and not the speaker are said to be ‘second personʼ Pronouns; while forms which exclude both speaker and addressee (he/she/it/they) are ‘third personʼ Pronouns.
- French: destinataire
- German: Adressat, Adressatin, Empfänger, Empfängerin, Rezipient, Rezipientin
- Portuguese: destinatário, destinatária, alocutário
- Russian: адреса́т
- Spanish: destinatario, consignatario