- IPA: /ə(d)ˌd͡ʒu.dɪˈkeɪ.ʃən/
- The act of adjudicating, of reaching a judgement.
- A judgment or sentence.
- An adjudication in favour of natural rights.
- 2007, Houston Chronicle (6/17/2007)
- [Mr. C.] says he confessed to avoid a lengthier sentence after his original attorney told him that the prosecutor claimed DNA evidence conclusively identified him as the attacker. [Mr. C.] had an earlier deferred adjudication for indecency with a minor.
- (legal) The decision upon the question of whether the debtor is a bankrupt.
- (emergency response) The process of identifying the type of material or device that set off an alarm and assessing the potential threat with corresponding implications for the need to take further action.
- (legal, Scotland) A process by which land is attached as security or in satisfaction of a debt.
- French: jugement