- IPA: /əˈdʒʌst.mənt/
- The action of adjusting something
- The result of adjusting something; a small change; a minor correction; a modification or alteration
- The settling or balancing of a financial account
- The credit card company made an adjustment to my account to waive the late fee.
- The behavioural process of balancing conflicting needs, or needs against obstacles in the environment.
- When Jim graduated, he found adjustment to the working world difficult.
- The assessment, by an insurance company, of a claim; the settlement of such a claim
- German: Anpassen, geringfügiges Ändern
- French: ajustement, arèglement
- German: Anpassung, Regulierung, geringfügige Änderung
- Italian: adattamento, inserimento
- Portuguese: ajustamento, ajuste
- Russian: приспоса́бливание
- Spanish: ajuste, modificación
- Russian: адапта́ция