adorn (adorns, present participle adorning; past and past participle adorned)
- To make more beautiful and attractive; to decorate.
- a man adorned with noble statuary and columns
- a character adorned with every Christian grace
- a gallery of paintings was adorned with the works of some of the great masters
- At church, with meek and unaffected grace, / His looks adorned the venerable place.
- French: décorer, orner, parer
- German: schmücken, zieren, verzieren
- Italian: adornare, ornare, fregiare, abbellire, contornare, decorare, imbellettare
- Portuguese: adornar
- Russian: украша́ть
- Spanish: adornar, ornar, engalanar
- (obsolete) adornment