adverb (plural adverbs)
- (grammar) A word that modifies a verb, adjective, other adverbs, or various other types of words, phrases, or clauses.
- (modifying a verb) I often went outside hiking during my stay in Japan.
- (modifying an adjective) It was often cold outside.
- (modifying another adverb) Not often.
- French: adverbe
- German: Adverb, Umstandswort, Nebenwort, Zuwort, dated: Adverbium, dated, rare: Zeitnebenwort
- Italian: avverbio
- Portuguese: advérbio
- Russian: наре́чие
- Spanish: adverbio
adverb (adverbs, present participle adverbing; past and past participle adverbed)
- (rare) To make into or become an adverb.