- (America) IPA: /ˈæd͡ʒ.aɪl/, /ˈæd͡ʒ.əl/
agile (comparative agiler, superlative agilest)
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move
- Synonyms: nimble
- an agile creature
- an agile wit
- 1902, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Hound of the Baskervilles
- The man drew out paper and tobacco and twirled the one up in the other with surprising dexterity. He had long, quivering fingers as agile and restless as the antennae of an insect.
- Characterised by quick motion
- agile movements
- (chiefly, software engineering) Of or relating to agile software development, a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- agile methods