- The act of agitating, or the state of being agitated; the state of being moved with violence, or with irregular action; commotion.
- After a storm the sea is in agitation.
- A stirring up or arousing; disturbance of tranquillity; disturbance of mind which shows itself by physical excitement; perturbation.
- She causes great agitation within me.
- Excitement of public feeling by discussion, appeals, etc.
- the antislavery agitation
- labor agitation
- After this conflict pro-independence agitation temporarily died down.
William H. Prescott:
- […] religious agitations […]
- Examination or consideration of a subject in controversy, or of a plan proposed for adoption; earnest discussion; debate.
- […] a logical agitation of the matter […]
- […] the project now in agitation […]
- French: agitation
- German: Aufwühlung, Agitation
- Portuguese: agitação
- Russian: волне́ние
- Spanish: agitación, desasosiego
- Russian: агита́ция