airy (comparative airier, superlative airiest)
- Consisting of air.
- an airy substance; the airy parts of bodies
- Relating or belonging to air; high in air; aerial.
- an airy flight
- Open to a free current of air; exposed to the air; breezy.
- an airy situation
- Resembling air; thin; unsubstantial; not material; airlike.
- Relating to the spirit or soul; delicate; graceful.
- airy music
- Not based on reality; having no solid foundation
- Synonyms: empty, trifling, visionary
- light-hearted; vivacious
- Synonyms: sprightly, flippant, superficial
- Having an affected manner; being in the habit of putting on airs; affectedly grand.
- (painting) Having the light and aerial tints true to nature.
- (consisting of air)
- (resembling air) aereous; See also Thesaurus:insubstantial or Thesaurus:gaseous
- (relating to the spirit or soul) ethereal
- (not based on reality) empty, trifling, visionary
- (light-hearted; vivacious) flippant, sprightly, superficial; See also Thesaurus:active or Thesaurus:carefree
- (having an affected manner) See also Thesaurus:arrogant