- (British, America) IPA: /əˈlaɪk/
- French: semblable, pareil, analogue
- German: gleich
- Italian: simile
- Portuguese: parecido, semelhante, similar
- Russian: одина́ковый
- Spanish: igual, semejante, parecido
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- We are all alike concerned in religion.
- 1910, Emerson Hough, chapter II, in The Purchase Price: Or The Cause of Compromise, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 639762314 ↗, page 0147 ↗:
- Carried somehow, somewhither, for some reason, on these surging floods, were these travelers, of errand not wholly obvious to their fellows, yet of such sort as to call into query alike the nature of their errand and their own relations.
- French: pareillement
- German: gleichermaßen, gleich
- Portuguese: igualmente, similarmente
- Russian: одина́ково
- Spanish: igualmente