allergy (plural allergies)
- (pathology, immunology) A disorder of the immune system causing adverse reactions to substances (allergens) not harmful to most and marked by the body's production of histamines and associated with atopy, anaphylaxis, and asthma.
- (pathology) Any condition of hypersensitivity to a substance.
- Altered susceptibility to a first treatment as exhibited in reaction to a subsequent one.
- (informal) An antipathy, as toward a person or activity.
- He has an allergy to reality TV.
- (disorder of the immune system) type 1 hypersensitivity
- (hypersensitivity) intolerance
- Russian: аллерги́я