- (uncountable, countable) A sweet-bitter liqueur originating from Italy (but also produced in Turkey), flavored with almonds and a secret blend-specific mix of some 200 ingredients such as the pits from apricots, peaches, cherries or other stone fruits.
- Amaretto makes a fine digestive.
- (countable) A glass of that liqueur.
- Gino has an amaretto on the porch after every elaborate meal.
- (countable) A light Italian cookie made with almonds.
- French: amaretto
- German: Amaretto
- Italian: amaretto
- Portuguese: amaretto, amareto
- Russian: амаре́тто
- Spanish: amaretto
- Spanish: amargo, amarguillo