- IPA: /æmbɪˈɡjuːɪti/
- (countable) Something, particularly words and sentences, that is open to more than one interpretation, explanation or meaning, if that meaning etc cannot be determined from its context.
- His speech was made with such great ambiguity that neither supporter nor opponent could be certain of his true position.
- (uncountable) The state of being ambiguous.
- French: ambiguïté
- German: Ambiguität, Mehrdeutigkeit, Doppeldeutigkeit, Zweideutigkeit, Vieldeutigkeit, Doppelsinnigkeit, Uneindeutigkeit, Doppelbödigkeit, Doppelsinn, Polysemie, Ambivalenz
- Italian: ambiguità
- Portuguese: ambiguidade
- Russian: двусмы́сленность
- Spanish: ambigüedad