- Simultaneously experiencing or expressing opposing or contradictory feelings, beliefs, or motivations.
- Alternately having one opinion or feeling, and then the opposite.
- He has an ambivalent relationship towards his parents.
- (simultaneously experiencing or expressing opposing feelings) conflicted, uncertain, undecided, unresolved
- (alternately feeling opposing feelings) vacillating, fluctuating, wavering
- French: ambivalent
- German: ambivalent#German|ambivalent, doppelwertig, zwiespältig
- Italian: ambivalente
- Portuguese: ambivalente
- Russian: дво́йственный
- Spanish: ambivalente