- IPA: /əˈmʌŋ/
- Denotes a mingling or intermixing with distinct or separable objects. (See Usage Note at amidst.)
- How can you speak with authority about their customs when you have never lived among them?
- Denotes a belonging of a person or a thing to a group.
- He is among the few who completely understand the subject.
- Denotes a sharing of a common feature in a group.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), imprinted at London: By Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981 ↗, Luke 1:1 ↗:
- Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us […]
- Lactose intolerance is common among people of Asian heritage.
- French: parmi
- German: unter, zwischen
- Italian: tra, fra, in mezzo a
- Portuguese: entre
- Russian: среди́
- Spanish: entre
- German: untereinander