- IPA: /ˈeɪ.nəl/
- (not comparable) of, related to, intended for or involving the anus.
- anal thermometer
- an anal examination
- anal sex
- (psychoanalysis) Of the stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is alleged to be concentrated on the anal region.
- (psychology) Of a person, compulsive and stubborn, obsessed with neatness and accuracy, supposedly from not having progressed beyond the anal stage.
- Please don't touch his furniture, as he can get very anal about things like that.
- (entomology, of a vein) Proximate to the thorax.
- German: zwanghaft, stur, pingelig, kleinlich, pedantisch, etepetete, heikel, eigen, zimperlich, übergenau, überkorrekt
- Russian: буквое́д
- Spanish: fastidioso
- Any of the anal scales of a reptile.
- (informal) Anal sex.
- In the right mood, I'll accept anal.
- I'll do anything except anal.
- IPA: /ə.nʌl/
- An ethnic group found in Manipur in India, and in Burma/Myanmar, closely related to the Kuki people.
- The Northern Kukish (Sino-Tibetan) language spoken by these people, sometimes called Namfau after the two largest villages it is spoken in.
anal (plural anals)
- An individual member of that ethnic group.