- (British) IPA: /ˈæp.ə.taɪz.ɪŋ/
- That appeals to, or stimulates the appetite.
- ''This food looks so appetizing.
- 1815 February 23, [Walter Scott], Guy Mannering; or, The Astrologer. [...] In Three Volumes, volume (
please specify ), Edinburgh: Printed by James Ballantyne and Co. for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, […]; and Archibald Constable and Co., […], OCLC 742335644 ↗:
- (by extension) Appealing or enticing.
- See also Thesaurus:delicious
- French: appétissant
- German: appetitanregend
- Italian: vespigno
- Portuguese: apetitoso
- Russian: аппети́тный
- Spanish: apetitoso, apetecible
- present participle of appetize#English|appetize