ark (plural arks)
- A large box with a flat lid.
- (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) Noah's Ark: the ship built by Noah to save his family and a collection of animals from the deluge.
- Something affording protection; safety, shelter, refuge
- A spacious type of boat with a flat bottom.
- (Judaism) The Ark of the Covenant.
- (Judaism) A decorated cabinet at the front of a synagogue, in which Torah scrolls are kept.
- Portuguese: arca
- Russian: сунду́к
- (biblical) The boat built by the Biblical Noah to carry himself and the animals of the planet during the Flood.
- (biblical) The chest carried by the Hebrews containing the stone tablets carved with the Ten Commandments.