- (uncountable) A protective layer over a body, vehicle, or other object intended to deflect or diffuse damaging forces.
- hypo en
- (uncountable) A natural form of this kind of protection on an animal's body.
- Synonyms: carapace, chitin, horn
- (uncountable) Metal plate, protecting a ship, military vehicle, or aircraft.
- Synonyms: armour plate
- (countable) A tank, or other heavy mobile assault vehicle.
- (military, uncountable) A military formation consisting primarily of tanks or other armoured fighting vehicles, collectively.
- Synonyms: cavalry, mechanized
- (hydrology, uncountable) The naturally occurring surface of pebbles, rocks or boulders that line the bed of a waterway or beach and provide protection against erosion.
- French: armure
- German: Rüstung
- Italian: armatura
- Portuguese: armadura
- Russian: броня́
- Spanish: armadura, blindaje
- French: cuirasse
- German: Panzerung
- Italian: corazza
- Portuguese: couraça
- Russian: па́нцирь
- Spanish: coraza
- German: Panzerung, Panzer, Panzerkraftwagen
- Portuguese: (veículo) blindado
- Russian: боева́я брони́рованная маши́на
- Russian: бронета́нковые войска́
armour (armours, present participle armouring; past and past participle armoured)
- (transitive) To equip something with armour or a protective coating or hardening.
- (transitive) To provide something with an analogous form of protection.
- German: panzern
- A small city/county seat in Douglas County, South Dakota.