- The act of asserting, or that which is asserted; positive declaration or averment; affirmation; statement asserted; position advanced.
- You're a man of strong assertions!
- A statement or declaration which lacks support or evidence.
- That's just a bare assertion.
- Maintenance; vindication
- the assertion of one's rights or prerogatives
- (computer programming) A statement in a program asserting a condition expected to be true at a particular point, used in debugging.
- French: (logic) assertion, (rhetoric) confirmation, assertion
- German: Versicherung, Zusicherung, Behauptung, Beteuerung, Erklärung, Vorbringen, Aussage
- Italian: asserzione, affermazione, asserimento, dichiarazione
- Portuguese: asserção, assertiva, afirmação
- Russian: утвержде́ние
- Spanish: afirmación, aserto
- French: affirmation
- German: Durchsetzung, Geltendmachung