- IPA: /əˈtætʃmənt/
- The act or process of (physically or figuratively) attaching.
- A strong bonding with or fondness for someone or something.
- I have such an attachment towards my fiancé!
- A dependence, especially a strong one.
- A device attached to a piece of equipment or a tool.
- The means by which something is physically attached.
- (computing) A file sent along with an email.
- (legal) Taking a person's property to satisfy a court-ordered debt.
- attachment of earnings
- (meteorology) The act or process by which any (downward) leader connects to any available (upward) streamer in a lightning flash.
- 2009, Jakke Mäkelä, Eero Karvinen, Niko Porjo, Antti Mäkelä and Tapio Tuomi, Attachment of Natural Lightning Flashes to Trees: Preliminary Statistical Characteristics, published in the Journal of Lightning Research, volume 1
- French: attachement
- Italian: legame
- Portuguese: apego, afeição
- Russian: привя́занность
- Spanish: apego, cariño, afición
- Russian: приста́вка
- Russian: присоедине́ние
- Spanish: atadura
- French: pièce jointe
- German: Attachment, Anhang, Dateianhang, Anlage
- Italian: allegato
- Portuguese: anexo
- Russian: вложе́ние
- Spanish: archivo adjunto