- Able to be accomplished, achieved, or obtained.
- Antonyms: unaccomplishable, unachievable, unattainable, unobtainable
- 1851 November 13, Herman Melville, “A Squeeze of the Hand”, in Moby-Dick; or, The Whale, 1st American edition, New York, N.Y.: Harper & Brothers; London: Richard Bentley, OCLC 57395299 ↗, page 464 ↗:
- For now, since by many prolonged, repeated experiences, I have perceived that in all cases man must eventually lower, or at least shift, his conceit of attainable felicity; not placing it anywhere in the intellect or the fancy; but in the wife, the heart, the bed, the table, the saddle, the fire-side, the country; now that I have perceived all this, I am ready to squeeze case eternally.
- French: réalisable, atteignable
- German: erreichbar, verwirklichbar
- Italian: ottenibile, raggiungibile, realizzabile
- Russian: достижи́мый
- Spanish: alcanzable, realizable, asequible
attainable (plural attainables)
- Something that can be attained.