auction (plural auctions)
- A public event where goods or property are sold to the highest bidder.
- (bridge) The first stage of a deal, in which players bid to determine the final contract.
- French: enchères, vente aux enchères
- German: Versteigerung, Auktion
- Italian: asta
- Portuguese: leilão
- Russian: аукцио́н
- Spanish: subasta, remate, almoneda
auction (auctions, present participle auctioning; past and past participle auctioned)
- To sell at an auction.
- French: vendre aux enchères
- German: versteigern
- Italian: vendere all'asta, mettere all'asta
- Portuguese: leiloar
- Russian: продава́ть с аукцио́на
- Spanish: subastar, rematar