- IPA: /ˈbæk.ɪŋ(ɡ)/
- Support, especially financial.
- It's a volunteer organization that works with backing from the city and a few grants.
- A liner or other material added behind or underneath.
- The cardboard backing gives the notebook a little extra stiffness.
- (music) Musicians and vocalists who support the main performer.
- The mounting of a horse or other animal.
- The action of putting something back; a switching into reverse.
- Russian: подде́ржка
- Russian: подкла́дка
backing (not comparable)
- (music) Providing support for the main performer.
- present participle of back#English|back