- IPA: /ˈbɔːl ˌɡeɪm/
ball game (plural ball games)
- Any game played with a ball.
- Basketball, cricket, and football are three kinds of ball game.
- A specific contest or match between teams playing such a game, in particular a baseball game.
- George and Harriet went to the stadium to see the ball game.
- A sport played in the Aztec and Mayan civilizations; Mesoamerican ballgame.
- The ball game was the main sport in Central America before the arrival of the Spanish.
- (figurative) Affair, issue, matter, subject, story, topic.
- French: jeu de ballon
- German: Ballspiel
- Portuguese: jogo de bola
- Russian: игра́ с мяч
- Spanish: juego de pelota
- Russian: матч
- French: jeu de balle