ballot (plural ballots)
- Originally, a small ball place#Verb|placed in a container to cast#Verb|cast a vote#Verb|vote; now, by extension, a piece of paper or card used for this purpose, or some other means#Noun|means used to signify a vote.
- The process of voting, especially in secret; a round#Noun|round of voting.
- the insufficiency of the ballot
- The total of all the votes cast in an election.
- (chiefly, US) A list#Noun|list of candidates run#Verb|running for office; a ticket.
- (paper or card used to cast a vote) ballot paper, voting slip
- French: bulletin de vote, bulletin
- German: Stimmzettel
- Italian: scheda elettorale
- Portuguese: boletim, cédula
- Russian: бюллете́нь
- Spanish: papeleta de voto, balota
- Portuguese: votação
- Russian: голосова́ние
- Spanish: elecciones
- Spanish: candidatura
ballot (ballots, present participle balloting; past and past participle balloted)Translations Translations
- Russian: тяну́ть жре́бий