- in a fundamental, essential or basic manner
- They've added some fancy features, but it's basically still a car.
- mostly; generally; for the most part
- (filler) used to refer to the most important or fundamental point the speaker is making; sometimes tending towards a meaningless filler word
- ''I shouldn't have done it, basically.
- To get your eyes tested, you should basically go to the opticians.
- (in a fundamental manner) essentially, fundamentally; see also Thesaurus:fundamentally
- (for the most part) chiefly, more often than not; see also Thesaurus:mostly
- French: foncièrement, sommairement, à la base
- German: im Prinzip
- Italian: praticamente, in pratica, basicamente
- Portuguese: basicamente
- Russian: в основно́м
- Spanish: básicamente