- (British, America) IPA: /ˈbiː.ni/
beanie (plural beanies)
- A cap that fits the head closely, usually knitted from wool.
- Enrique Iglesias is often seen wearing a beanie.
- A head-hugging brimless cap, with or without a visor, made from triangular sections of cloth, leather, or silk joined by a button at the crown and seamed together around the sides.
- (informal) A Beanie Baby, a small soft toy filled with beans or similar stuffing.
- (cap) knit cap, knit hat, skull cap, skullie, skully, snow cap, snow hat, ski cap, sock cap, stocking cap, toque (Canada), watch cap, woolly hat (UK), wooly hat
- French: bonnet; tuque (Canada)
- German: Beanie
- Italian: berretto
- Portuguese: touca, gorro
- Russian: шапка
- Spanish: gorro