- (America) IPA: /ˈbaɪəst/
- Exhibiting bias; prejudiced.
- The newspaper gave a biased account of the incident.
- Synonyms: partial, prejudiced, tendentious
- Angled at a slant.
- The table had a biased edge.
- (electrical engineering) On which an electrical bias is applied.
- (statistics) Exhibiting a systematic distortion of results due to a factor not allowed for in its derivation; skewed.
- French: partial, qui n'est pas impartial, qui a du parti pris
- German: parteiisch, voreingenommen, tendenziös
- Italian: parziale, pregiudizievole, tendenzioso
- Portuguese: tendencioso
- Russian: пристра́стный
- Spanish: sesgado, parcial, tendencioso
- German: geneigt, gekippt
- Italian: obliquo, inclinato
- Portuguese: oblíquo, enviesado
- Russian: отклонённый
- Spanish: oblicuo, inclinado, en declive, ladeado, sesgado
- Italian: distorto
- Simple past tense and past participle of bias
- She biased them against him for no apparent reason.