- IPA: /ˈbaɪsɪkl̩/
bicycle (plural bicycles)
- A vehicle that has two wheels, one behind the other, a steering handle, and a saddle seat or seats and is usually propelled by the action of a rider’s feet upon pedals.
- Synonyms: bike, pushbike, velocipede, Thesaurus:bicycle
- Hypernyms: cycle
- A traveling block used on a cable in skidding logs.
- The best possible hand in lowball.
- (British, AU, NZ) A motorbike.
- (vulgar slang, usually in compounds specifying a context) a slut; a promiscuous woman
- French: vélo, bicyclette, vélocipède (dated)
- German: Fahrrad, Velo (Switzerland), Drahtesel (colloquial), Veloziped (dated)
- Italian: bicicletta, bici (informal)
- Portuguese: bicicleta, baique (informally)
- Russian: велосипе́д
- Spanish: bicicleta, bici (informal)
bicycle (bicycles, present participle bicycling; past and past participle bicycled)Translations
- French: faire du vélo, faire de la bicyclette, rouler à vélo, pédaler
- German: Rad fahren, (colloquial) radeln