- (biology) A division into two branches.
- (by extension) Any place where one thing divides into two.
- The act of bifurcating; branching or dividing in two.
- Either of the forks or other branches resultant from such a division.
- (geography) A place where two roads, tributaries etc. part or meet.
- (nautical) The point where a channel divides when proceeding from seaward.
- (mathematics) The change in the qualitative or topological structure of a given family as described by bifurcation theory.
- (computer science) A command that executes one block or other of commands depending on the result of a condition.