- (uncountable) The process of childbearing; the beginning of life.
- (countable) An instance of childbirth.
- Intersex babies account for roughly one per cent of all births.
- (countable) A beginning or start; a point of origin.
- the birth of an empire
- (uncountable) The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
- He was of noble birth, but fortune had not favored him.
- That which is born.
- Misspelling of berth
- (beginning of life) death
- French: naissance
- German: Geburt
- Italian: nascita, parto
- Portuguese: nascimento
- Russian: ро́ды
- Spanish: nacimiento
birth (not comparable)
- A familial relationship established by childbirth.
- Her birth father left when she was a baby; she was raised by her mother and stepfather.
birth (births, present participle birthing; past and past participle birthed)Related terms Translations