bladder (plural bladders)
- (zoology) A flexible sac that can expand and contract and that holds liquids or gases.
- (anatomy) Specifically, the urinary bladder.
- (botany) A hollow, inflatable organ of a plant.
- The inflatable bag inside various balls used in sports, such as footballs and rugby balls.
- A sealed plastic bag that contains wine and is usually packaged in a cask.
- (figurative) Anything inflated, empty, or unsound.
- to swim with bladders of philosophy
bladder (bladders, present participle bladdering; past and past participle bladdered)
- To swell out like a bladder with air; to inflate.
- (transitive) To store or put up in bladders.
- bladdered lard