- IPA: /ˈbʊkɪŋ/
- present participle of book#English|book
- The act or process of writing something down in a book or books, e.g. in accounting.
- A reservation for a service, such as accommodation in an hotel.
- The engagement of a performer for a particular performance.
- (sports) The issuing of a caution which is usually written down in a book, and results in a yellow card or (after two bookings) a red card, that is to say, the player is sent from the field of play.
- (legal) The process of photographing, fingerprinting and recording the identifying data of a suspect following arrest.
- Portuguese: anotar
- French: réservation
- German: Buchung, Reservierung
- Italian: prenotazione
- Portuguese: reserva
- Russian: резерви́рование
- Spanish: reserva
- Russian: зака́з