- (Christianity) having been spiritually changed through faith
- (Christianity) having a renewed commitment to Jesus Christ
- He proclaimed himself a born-again Christian during a church retreat.
- (Christianity) of or pertaining to evangelicalism
- To many people a born-again philosophy is a fundamentalist philosophy.
- (by extension) having a newly won zeal for some activity
- After not picking up a shovel for twenty years, she finally saw the beauty in flowers and declared herself a born-again gardener.
- French: né(e) à nouveau/de nouveau, rené (rare)
- German: wiedergeboren
- Italian: rinato, rinata
- Spanish: renacido
born-again (plural born-agains)
- someone who has been spiritually changed through their (Christian) faith
- someone who has a renewed commitment to Jesus Christ
- an evangelical Christian
- anyone with a renewed commitment to any kind of cause or belief