breadcrumb (plural breadcrumbs)
- (chiefly, in the plural) A tiny piece of bread, either one that falls from bread as it is cut or eaten, or one made deliberately by crumbling bread.
- (GUI, chiefly, in the plural) A single link in a chain indicating the hierarchical location of a web page or similar, used as a navigation aid.
- (tiny piece of bread) crumb
- French: miette de pain, miette, panure (collective sense)
- German: Brotkrümel, Brotkrume, Brosame, Brösel
- Italian: briciola, mollica (soft internal portion of bread)
- Portuguese: migalha, farelo, pão ralado
- Russian: хле́бная кро́шка
- Spanish: miga, migaja
- French: fil d’Ariane
breadcrumb (breadcrumbs, present participle breadcrumbing; past and past participle breadcrumbed)
- (transitive, cooking) To sprinkle breadcrumbs on to food, normally before cooking.
- (GUI, intransitive) To add navigational breadcrumbs to (a web page or user interface).
- To use clues or enticements to lead someone in the desired direction.